- 1 Dow closes 800 points higher after a historic one-day turnaround
- 2 Kroger reaches deal to buy rival grocery company Albertsons for $24.6 billion
- 3 Buying options for JPM, little research
- 4 Why is the stock market going up?
- 5 Dow jumps more than 600 points as bond yields fall after reports Fed may shift to smaller rate hikes after November
Dow closes 800 points higher after a historic one-day turnaround
I checked SPY on Friday, and it was down, but if I would’ve checked Dow maybe I could’ve seen this change coming and made some moves.
With a recent high inflation report, investors may believe it’s close to the peak so it might start coming down soon which means the Federal Reserve will stop rate hikes soon.
This may also be because of gains in energy and bank stocks.
Kroger reaches deal to buy rival grocery company Albertsons for $24.6 billion
Buying options for JPM, little research
Big bank earnings meet analyst expectations amid recession fears
Good News for Banks, Bad News for Business
Jim Cramer Says Bank Stocks Are Headed for Sustained Growth Thanks to Rising Rates; Here Are 3 Names That Analysts Like
Should JPMorgan Diversified Return U.S. Equity ETF (JPUS) Be on Your Investing Radar?
JPMorgan Chase is now only bank to accept government deposits in all 50 states
Why JPMorgan Chase’s Stock Is Rising After a Wall Street Upgrade
JPMorgan Looks Undervalued as It Continues Defying Expectations
Morgan Stanley evaluating job cuts, CEO says
Are job cuts good for a company? I’m assuming yes since they help cut costs.
Why is the stock market going up?
- Fed Meeting: Nov 1-2
- Fed will most likely raise interests by three quarters (not surprising)
- US Treasury: 4.12%
- Yield Curve: Downward slope
- Inflation Rate: 8.20%
- Mortgage Rates: 5.5%-7.5%
- Unemployment Rate: 3.5%
- Oil price: $84.81
- SPY: $372
- VIX: 29.88
- Earnings season: yes